Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, everyone is so thankful for everything and expressing it more than usual, they're happy, smiley, etc. I love it :) Plus, it doesn't hurt that there is a ton of absolutely delicious food, and usually family! 


This year we weren't able to visit any family members for Thanksgiving, because of Devin's work schedule, he couldn't take off any time around the holiday in order for us to be anywhere longer than a day. However, a quite large family in our ward, the Allgaiers, invited us to their family dinner. It was a blast, there was 39 people there, 27 of them were children (do the math, it's a lot of kids) ... and it was loud, crazy, crowded, and probably the most fun dinner ever. :) I even got pooped on by one of my favorite kiddos (I won't name names) .. We had a great time, thanks for inviting us! 



Devin and I decided that we just had too many traditions between the both of us that we just weren't willing to skip for one holiday, so we cooked and we cooked, and we had our own Thanksgiving dinner as well (which lasted us up until the day we moved out of our Oswego home) ... I tried cooking Barbara's famous butterhorn rolls, and I'll have to say, they turned out better than the last time I tried them, (at Easter) .. but they're still not there yet. I burned the bottoms! So sad... But practice makes perfect, and I'll be making them again for Christmas, no worries :)


Happy Late Thanksgiving! :) I hope you all are having a lovely holiday season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment