Sunday, November 3, 2013

30 Days of Thanks


November 1, 2013: Day One

Today I am grateful for the 7 young women that were at my home last night, I'm grateful for their sweet spirits, their smiles, their jokes, the incredible insight they have, and for the happiness they bring to my life.

November 2, 2013: Day Two

Today I am thankful that my sweetheart came home safely from Omaha and that we have been able to spend one day together without having to do anything or go anywhere. I really appreciate these days we have together, because if know that someday when we have children that there will be no more days like this in our future!! :))




November 3, 2013: Day Three

Today I am thankful for an extra hour.

I feel like today has gone by sooo slowly, but in a good way! Usually on Sundays I feel like the day is over in a blink of an eye and suddenly we're back at work on Monday morning. But today has seriously been so nice, I felt like I had lots of time to get ready this morning, for dinner and relaxation in the evening. You'll hear many people complaining about Daylight Savings, but you won't be hearing a peep of it from me! :)

November 4, 2013: Day Four

Today I am thankful for missionaries. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve them, feed them, and feel of the spirit that they bring to our home.

November 5, 2013 : Day Five

Today I am thankful for a husband who is financially minded, who spent his entire evening budgeting out our income, bills, savings, etc. for our move to Omaha, because we all know I couldn't do it even if I wanted to! :)

November 6, 2013 : Day Six
Today I am thankful for my callings. I'm grateful for all the constant running around, meetings, activities, and phone calls I have to make because these Young Womens and Cub Scouts are worth every bit of running that I have to do and more. They bring such happiness to my life, and I am blessed immensely to be able to serve with the youth.

November 7, 2013 : Day Seven
Today I am grateful for a puppy who loves me unconditionally - who forgives me when I give her a bath or forget to take her on a walk. Dogs are truly mans best friend and I'm very grateful for my Zoey girl.




November 8, 2013 : Day Eight

Today I am thankful for good friends who care about me, make life and work a blast, and help me stay sane!!




November 9, 2013 : Day Nine
Today I'm thankful for my sweet little friend, Brooklyn Allgaier. It's incredible how such a small child can bring such a beautiful spirit. She came over to our house today to play with Zoey and she helped me pick out my outfit, shoes, earrings, necklace, and even my lipstick. Haha she's just too adorable. :)

November 10, 2013 : Day Ten
Today I'm thankful for motherhood. As I gave a lesson about knowledge today, I was terribly nervous/frustrated because I never finished college, and I thought I was the worst person to be teaching. However, we began talking about the important of a woman's knowledge so she can teach her children, and it touched my heart how incredible a woman's role is in the family and helped me remember the countless times my mother taught me and helped me. I can only hope to be as great of a mother as her someday.

November 11, 2013 : Day Eleven

Yesterday I was grateful for a dad who taught me to always be prepared. Because of that, I had an ice scraper in the back of my car instead of having to wait forever for my car to dethaw itself in the freezing cold rain/snow/sleet.

November 12, 2013 : Day Twelve

Yesterday I was thankful that when I work hard, it pays off immensely. I've never worked extremely hard on something and then have absolutely nothing good come of it - I am always blessed when I push myself to do my best!

November 13, 2013 : Day Thirteen

Today I'm thankful for the Personal Progress Program! I can testify that it is truly an inspired program. I'm thankful for my parents and leaders who pushed me to work on it because it taught me how to do things that are necessary as a wife, mother and woman that I may not have otherwise learned

November 14, 2013 : Day Fourteen

Today I am thankful for a day that's not filled with things to do. It's crazy how thankful I am for this simple pleasure, but man, I feel like I've been so busy lately that one day to just sit and work instead of run around like a crazy person .. that's nice.

November 15, 2013 : Day Fifteen

Today I am thankful for a roof over my head. I know I take it for granted most days. When I see homeless people out on the streets asking for money, food, or work .. I don't even stop to think how blessed I am to be able to have a warm, beautiful home, with the person that I love. I am truly grateful for the blessing of a home. And today - I officially own two homes. Nerve wracking, but I'm happy :)

November 16, 2013 : Day Sixteen

Today I am grateful for members of my church. I was sitting in the church building today, waiting for Devin to get out of a meeting, and two older men walked up to me and introduced themselves. They said, "Hi, my name's ____, what's yours? How's your afternoon? What are you doing out here?" .. Very interested in me, my day, and why I was sitting alone on a couch outside. I'm grateful for the love that they immediately had for me, their willingness to express that they cared, and for Heavenly Father sending me two old men to show me that there are still sweet strangers in the world. 

November 17, 2013 : Day Seventeen
I'm grateful that Devin and I were safe in the super strong winds, rain & storms as we came home from church on Sunday. It was terrifying, news of tornadoes all around us, but we made it home safely with no scares.

November 18, 2013 : Day Eighteen
I"m thankful for being taught about service. My parents always taught me that serving others was just the thing to do. After each tornado, my dad would load up his pick up truck with his chainsaw, and we would go remove trees from the roads so people could get through, we would help people. One time, I even remember finding a little snake on the road that I removed myself. :) I have such good memories of serving others because my parents were great examples, and I am grateful for that.

November 19, 2013 : Day Nineteen
Today I'm thankful for a sweet husband who takes care of me. Devin works so hard doing what he does, and he then comes home and has to drive through crazy rush hour traffic, which has to be super frustrating. I'm grateful that he's willing to do all of those things for our family. I sure love that man :) 

November 20, 2013 : Day Twenty


November 21, 2013 : Day Twenty - One


November 22, 2013 : Day Twenty - Two 


November 23, 2013 : Day Twenty - Three


November 24, 2013 : Day Twenty - Four


November 25, 2013 : Day Twenty - Five


November 26, 2013 : Day Twenty - Six


November 27, 2013 : Day Twenty - Seven


November 28, 2013 : Day Twenty - Eight


November 29, 2013 : Day Twenty - Nine


November 30, 2013 : Day Thirty

2 comments:

  1. We enjoy day-light savings too. Enjoy your recipe blog although Jer wouldn't eat half of it. Oh well. I'm getting him to try more and more all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a picky one isn't he? That's okay, Devin thinks that he isn't picky .. but it's not true. hahah :)

    ReplyDelete