Monday, October 7, 2013

Clean til you drop?

Devin and I just spent the entire evening deep cleaning the house to make it look beautiful for our photographer to come out tomorrow and take pictures of it for our listings. I can't believe this is coming so quick, and I can't believe that my house is going to be for sale in like a week!

See how pretty my front door looks for potential buyers?

Yes, that's a Utah Jazz gnome by the front door. 

It's seriously killing me thinking about all the changes coming up in life soon. We're moving out of the new ward that I just absolutely love, leaving people that I've grown to love and care for, and going somewhere where, once again, I won't know anyone but my cute husband.

It's definitely been a challenge moving so much the past few years, and I'm surprised that I'm still sane through it all, but I'm also very grateful for the people that I've met, the experiences I've had, and the things that I have learned as I have gone through this.

Oswego is an incredible city, filled with amazing people, I absolutely love it, and I'm so very grateful for the opportunity that we've had to be here the past year. However, Omaha is also an incredible city, it's filled with amazing people, I just have to find them.

So here are my goals for when we move to Omaha (these are not in order)

  1. Take each of my neighbors a treat so we can meet them
  2. Introduce myself and Devin to 5 people the first day at our new ward
  3. Offer our home for meetings, activities, and events 
  4. Go visiting teaching. Not just the 1 time a month visiting teacher, the friend.
  5. Encourage Devin to go home teaching - make his families treats


Any suggestions on how to become more known and social in a new ward/town? After all these moves, you'd think I'd know what I'm doing, but I feel like I'm still pretty deficient on that knowledge.

It's good to set goals - it's even better to achieve goals, and I'm determined to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment