Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Candy Apples & Good Works.

Tonight we had Young Womens, and I was in charge, we had caramel apples and we studied a little bit about the Good Works section of personal progress - Sister Rowe prepared this for me, but there was a story in the midst of it all that touched my heart deeply. 

It was about a woman named Carol, she could hardly walk, hardly talk, and barely even take care of herself. She saw a boy jump off the diving board and hurt his neck at a party, so she took him food and asked if he was okay .. With much difficulty because of her disabilities. A group of her friends decided to do a marathon together for a cause, and she didn't want to be left out - so she started training, day by day, to build up her endurance .. Everyone had finished the race and suddenly remembered about Carol and ran back to check on her .. There she was, huffing for air, but still chugging along. 

This woman could hardly even take care of herself, but she was entirely selfless. She gave up caring about her disabilities, she did what was hard, just to take care of someone who was in pain and just to fight for a cause. 

I want to be more like Carol - I want to put away my easy life an help those who need my help. I want to learn how to share the light of the gospel through my actions and service like Carol did. 


It's amazing that when you pay attention to the details of life, Heavenly Father is literally in every single detail. 

But back to Young Womens -- they're super goofy and just a ton of fun, here's a few pictures of them playing "The Awkward Game"



What would I do without the example of these beautiful, strong, incredible daughters of God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment