Monday, October 15, 2012

The Big Two-Zero!!

Today is my twentieth birthday, what the heck?! Wasn't I just graduating kindergarden like, yesterday? Time flies, like as fast as all get out. To start off my birthday, I got up at 3 a.m. to go to work and bake cookies, muffins, and scones all day, which I absolutely love, but I honestly don't remember waking up or doing any of that stuff this morning, apparently I was exhausted. I got to go home early and surprise me hubby, who was studying hard for his midterms. I shortly after fell asleep because of my serious exhaustion, and then waited, not so patiently, as my honey went to school so he could come home with my birthday cake and we could open presents:) I love birthdays, in case you didn't know, they're like the most fun things ever to me. Devin brought me home the tastiest cake in the world, Nothing Bundt Cake's Chocolate Chocolate Chip. Can you say YUM? I drool every time I see this cake!
Drroooolll..! After we finished dinner, and I drooled over the cake a little bit, I was then finally allowed to open my birthday gifts! My mom had sent me a big package full of lots of gifts from her and the family earlier last week that I have just been dying to open. And now I finally got to:) So my mom got me cute 'fat chef' kitchen stuff, pot holders, jeans, fuzzy socks, homemade jam & apple butter, caramel apple suckers, and a cute pill case (due to my recent amount of prescribed medication given me). Devin let me choose my present this year. He got me a gorgeous pair of brown leather boots, which I've been begging him to let me open for over a month now! Finally I get to wear them! And finally, Barbara, Eric, and Devin all pitched in to get me something I've been wanting for a while, a Cricut! For those who haven't heard of this, it is a machine that sort of looks like a printer that cuts out cute shapes and letters for those who like to scrapbook. And I love to scrapbook, so I was pretty dang excited. All in all, it's been a great birthday. I wouldn't change it for the world, though I would really like to have the other half of my family with me. This is the first year ever that they weren't with me! It was kind of weird to tell you the truth. But, I'm twenty years young now. Now in the same decade of age as my husband, and may be judged a little less when strangers find out that I'm already married at my young age. What can I say, life's good. Thanks for listening. :) Or shall I say, reading.
Devin lighting my birthday candles:)
Strugglin' to blow out the candles in one breath .. failed. Well, Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment: