Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Voted Early!

So, Devin and I will be looking for a home in the Chicago area (to narrow it down, Naperville) in a couple of weeks and will be gone on election day! Of course I just had to vote in Utah because Romney has it so bad here and there's just no way he's going to win without my vote (sarcasm). Every one knows Romney will win Utah, I don't know why Obama even bothered campaigning here! Anyways, I felt that I needed to vote regardless and went to Draper City Hall to do so. Instead of the usual 'I Voted' sticker, I got the 'I Voted Early' sticker, and man I feel pretty dang awesome. Speaking of feeling awesome, Dev and I had applied for American Express Credit Cards to build our credit, and got them in yesterday, so we're just riding aboard the Awesome Express Train lately! I've never voted before, seeing as I just turned 20 last week, so I think it's a pretty neat experience. I feel kind of guilty about not knowing that I had to vote for at least 15 extra fields, so I just voted straight Republican. I'm sure I would have changed some votes if I had known and I definitely would have done a little more studying up on these different candidates and judges and such. Oh well, there's always four years from now, and four years from then, and so on! I've never really enjoyed politics, but this year I've loved being involved and watching the debates and such! They make me feel like an informed voter and citizen! Anyhow - I just wanted to share my pleasure in having voted in the presidential election. I now have the freedom to complain if Obama wins since I voted against him, and have the freedom to shut my mouth if Romney wins and doesn't do as well as I had hoped since I did, in fact, vote for him. Vote fellow Americans!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you voted. Don't feel too bad for voting straight Republican, Jeremy did that too. We usually do the mail-in votes because it's easier and less stressful than trying to vote with kids. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete