Sunday, October 14, 2012

Birthday Date!

Devin surprised me with tickets to the local(ish) theme park for my birthday, Lagoon! They were doing frightmares at this time of year too, so it was the best thing ever! It was a cold, rainy day and great for a good scare! As soon as I got off of work on Saturday, I got ready super fast, hopped in the car, did my makeup in the car, as he sped off to Bountiful! We started off with the oldest roller coaster I think I've ever seen, and I might have been a little scared that it was going to collapse as we were zooming our way through the air, but it didn't, so all was well. We started off with a few different roller coasters that terrified me, but oh my goodness they were so great. I loved every single second of it! Even the long amounts of time standing in line while creepy dressed up people jumped at me to give me a fright nearly constantly! We road a water ride that no one was in line for (because it was so cold) and it was so fun switching around in the seats trying to avoid getting wet, as we did so, both of our butts got soaking, his dried quickly, mine stayed wet ALL NIGHT LONG. Seriously. It started to get dark and I started to freeze to death as we stood in the lines, nevertheless, it was the greatest time of my life. Devin pretty much forced me to get on a ride called Rocket Re-Entry and conquer my worst fear ever, free fall. Seriously, I still haven't forgiven myself for giving into that temptation. It took us up SLOWLY to 200 feet in the air, and after an amount of time not known, they suddenly drop you all the way down. I started screaming, shortly after, lost my breath, started hyper ventilating, then crying as it went up and down, up and down, up and down. I thought I was seriously going to die even though I had watched many, many people get off quite alive as we were standing in line. After the ride, I felt like I was going to fall over, I was STILL terrified. That happens to be Devin's favorite ride. So I'm sure as we go to more amusement parks in our lifetime, I'll be riding similar rides many times, and I'm not so sure the feeling of death is going to grow on me.. We will see. On the plus side, it made the other roller coasters SO much easier to go on and have fun without screaming the entire time! That was so great! In the end, I didn't want to leave. I told Devin that I wanted to stay forever, and I'm sure he did too, if they weren't closing in 15 minutes, I'm sure we would have stayed for HOURS longer. It was the best birthday date ever. I am seriously so grateful for a husband who knows how to have fun, HE IS SERIOUSLY THE BEST.

2 comments: