Saturday, June 21, 2014

Fence time!

We are really blessed people to have such awesome family on both sides who are so willing to help us do all of our crazy home projects and teach us the tricks of the trade. 

This time, my dad came out and helped us build our backyard fence. We rented an auger for a day, and dug out all of the holes, cemented the posts into place, and then let them sit overnight. 

Devin and I both got really REALLY sunburned, but dad just stayed tan. Why didn't I get those genes from my dad? 


You can see Devin's poor calves from these couple photos .. They are still peeling. Poor guy. 


Here, we hit a sprinkler line, and dad fixed it almost as fast as he broke it :) 
Again, what would we do without him? Probably pay hundreds of dollars for a professional to fix something that cost $6 for my dad to fix. 




You can see my sunburn here, I wore a sleeveless shirt to work in, and my shoulders were literally purple. Needless to say, the second day I wore sunscreen (and sleeves) !! 


The pups went crazy in the backyard once the fence was totally up and they were free to roam! It's such a big difference being able to just let Zoey out and not have to stay and chain her/unchain her. She loves it, I love it, and she gets all her energy out chasing the birds and fireflies! 


As you may remember, at Christmas, I picked up a pup for my parents that they surprised the boys with for Christmas .. Sally. This is her, she's gotten huge, and lanky. She's even bigger than Zoey! 








No comments:

Post a Comment