Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas Eve Dinner

We had our Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve because I started making the rolls a day too early. Such a weird thing, but they take like 24 hours (even though their called 12 hour butterhorns .. Barbara) Hahaha, and for some reason I decided on the 23rd that it was a good idea to start making the rolls so they would be ready for Christmas! Silly me. 

Oh well, it was great to have it on Christmas Eve and then Devin and I had leftovers the next day. Christmas leftovers are delish. :)

I was so happy to have Devin home .. it was a relief after so much time being apart, and doing everything myself .. and even paying bills. Ugh. Not fun. I'm definitely grateful for all that he does and even for the little things like having his warm feet at night next to me to stick my cold feet on.  Hahah. He hates that, but I love it :) 

Also, I made our turkey in the crock pot since there are only two of us and we had a small turkey. Seriously it was the best thing ever. It was juicy and tender, and just great! I made it with lots of water, a gravy packet, seasoned salt, and a stick of butter cut up into slices and placed all over it. Cooked on high for about 5-6 hours. 

IT WAS HEAVENLY


2 comments:

  1. Yum! looks like a great Christmas Eve dinner for you. I love turkey roasts--they're the easiest and yummiest (especially the next few days as turkey sandwiches--I enjoy that more than the regular turkey). Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you guys. Glad Devin is done with his job in Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Of course the turkey sandwiches are the best part! :)
    I hope you guys had a lovely holiday season too!

    ReplyDelete