Saturday, January 25, 2014

Been a while!

Devin and I have been trying to keep busy with our little tweeks within the house, our jobs, getting involved in our new ward, and keeping each other sane, so I haven't really had time to write in the blog!

However, I thought you guys should know how things are going here in Omaha, and should know that we're still alive, though my blog seems to show otherwise.

We've been having a lot of fun getting to know the area. Devin is getting a little more accustomed to his job everyday, and he's meeting new people and learning lots of new things. He's enjoying it so far. My job has been a little different. As you know, I've been working from home. It's been a little rough simply because I'm also doing school online this semester. So I sit in my "office" working 8 hours, and then I start doing school work for the next 3 hours, and then I go to bed and get back up and do it all over again. It's been weird for me to learn how to separate work, home and school .. because it's all under the same roof. I find myself checking work emails all day long, doing school during work hours, etc. It's weird for me, but I'm definitely learning how to adjust, and it'll come along eventually.

We're really liking our new ward so far. For the first couple weeks it was kind of scary because we didn't know anybody, and everyone was so busy it was hard to make friends .. but there was a relief society enrichment this past week that I went to, and it was fantastic. I got to meet lots of the sisters, and really had a blast. Phew! Now I have a few friends!

So, life is good, the house is great, our jobs are going well, school is going well, and we miss Chicago in a healthy amount.

Now if we can just get rid of this awful cold weather.

2 comments:

  1. School and work is tough. I had 1 class left before I graduated and after we were married. It was busy--so a full semester would definitely keep you busier than normal. Good luck; hope you find a routine that's suitable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ward in Omaha are you in? We have friends there - he is attending Creighton for dentistry. Kyle and Kristen Downum.

    ReplyDelete