Sunday, July 20, 2014

Weekend Trip to Kansas City

Devin and I took a road trip to Kansas City Friday night so we could pick my baby brother, Derek, up from EFY at Kansas University. Last night we picked a hole in the wall restaurant that was supposed to be the best food in Lawrence, KS (which turned out to be a bar) and we had some absolutely delicious burgers and sweet potato fries. 

Saturday morning I picked Derek up from the University and we decided to go see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes --- great movie! Then we went shopping, and to a Kansas City Royals game! 

We're a baseball loving family. It was especially exciting because this is one of the few stadiums that Devin has never been to! So of course we had to buy him a souvineer bat to add to his collection! 

We left the field at 9 PM and now we're on the road back to Omaha. It's a 3-1/2 hour drive!  Hopefully we make it back! (Just kidding, Barbara, we'll make it safely with 3 licensed drivers in the car! So don't worry!) 

Here are some pictures from our trip -- 


We're always excited to see a Great Harvest Bakery, since the Despains are proud owners of one in Texas ... It looks like it's been there for a while! 


You know you're around a lot of Mormons when you see the combination of 1) giant, 10+ passenger vans, and 2) family decals with an incredible large amount of children on it. I took this when waiting for Derek in the parking lot at KU


Also, here's a good example of the type of people we've seen in KC in the past 24 hours .. Interesting/brave people. 


I love my hubsie 😍



I love my bubsie too. ☺️


It was a really pretty field and cool stadium. I appreciated the escalators that took us to our tiptop section inte stadium. Rather than "concrete switchbacks". 


I had a couple if handsome dates. We had a lot of fun! But I'm definitely glad to be out of the 97 degree weather! It was hootttt! 

Now, back to this late night drive we've got ahead of us! 










No comments:

Post a Comment