Monday, January 5, 2015

Comforting Thoughts

Hello Family & Friends! 

It's been so long since I've written in my blog! I've been kept very busy with my calling in church, my job, and my family. We've been busy bees the second half of this year and are hoping to slow it down and relax for a while. 

Today, something caused me to remember something that President Uchtdorf said - 
"The Heavens Will Not Be Filled With Those Who Never Made Mistakes" 


I am very grateful for the knowledge that Heavenly Father doesn't only accept perfect people - he accepts those who make mistakes, learn from them, and repent.
If Heaven were only filled with those who were perfect, it would be a lonely place. 

I know that Heavenly Father has a plan, a plan of happiness that includes us having our own agency, and having the opportunity to live and learn from our own shortcomings. We then have the opportunity to become closer to our Savior by relying on him, and I'm so grateful to have that blessing in my life. 

I hope that you find some comfort in this as well - President Uchtdorf is a smart man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment