Monday, September 16, 2013

Trip to Nauvoo

Devin and I had the opportunity to take a trip to Nauvoo to meet Dev's parents there and have an awesome vacation with them. We left Friday afternoon, and they met us there, we had fun going to the temple, taking an oxen ride, learning about the pioneers, and finding where Devin's ancestors had owned land or built there in Nauvoo.

I'm sure grateful for those faithful members that settled in Nauvoo and travelled to the Salt Lake Valley with handcarts and for those who gave their lives for the gospel that I have today. 

 We were able to visit the Nauvoo temple. The last time that Devin, Barbara, and Eric were there, the temple hadn't been finished being built yet, the last time I was there, it had been finished, but I wasn't old enough to go inside. Fortunately, we were all able to go together for the first time. It was beautiful and such an incredible experience for me. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment